Friday, 27 April 2012

YSL Blonde Ingenu: Lana Del Ray's Favourite Lipstick

I love Lana Del Rey's music and of course, her beautiful makeup too! Whilst browsing through a recent issue of Closer magazine, i was surprised to see that my new YSL lipstick purchase is Lana's favourite. YSL's Rouge Pur Couture lipstick in 'Blonde Ingenu', is a beautiful nude shade and one of my most-loved. It's so unlike any of the other nude lipsticks that i have tried. It has more of a peachy-pink undertone than your typical nude lipstick, and has a satin finish which is so much more flattering than the usual matte finish. 





The formula is beautiful- it glides onto the lips so smoothly and provides great pigmentation. It makes my lips look fuller and poutier, and goes great with any makeup look. I particularly love it with my peachy-pink blushers! However, the staying power is not the best. Whilst it's longer lasting than YSL's Rouge Voluptes, it still only lasts for two hours or so on me. To improve the longevity, you can pair it with a nude lip liner- one of my favourites is by No7 in the shade '20-Nude'. The colour and finish is just so beautiful, and very unique for a nude lipstick, that i don't mind having to reapply after a few hours. 

I highly recommend this product. The colour/formula is very unique for a nude lipstick, and as a result, i think it could work on a wider range of skin-tones. It's also easier to pull off for everyday wear, than most nude lip products! Plus, if it's good enough for Lana....

Love, Claudia xo



10 comments:

  1. Ok...you totally sold me on this one haha plus, i absolutely adore Lana = I NEED THIS LIPSTICK lol Thx for sharing :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Lana too :) I hope you enjoy the lipstick!
      Thanks for reading,
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. I love this lipstick and I recognised the name from ur post title. This is the lipstick that I always pick up to swatch when I'm at the YSL counters :) u just reminded me that I should actually buy it next time!! Such an amazing colour and texture :)

    Thanks so much for sharing~x

    Www.beautypicknmix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I'm sold! If Lana del Rey adores Bonde Ingenu, I ought to give it a chance!!! Thanks for sharing the news, hun ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Hope you enjoy the lipstick Evi :) xx

      Delete
  4. So gorgeous! I love YSL lipsticks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing colour and lovely blog! xx

    http://www.theprovocativecouture.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice idea.. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love their lipstick formulas! But I will def have to try out that shade. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete