Thursday, 24 January 2013

Review: Benefit Brow Zings in 'Dark'

I often receive a lot of compliments on my eye brows and questions about the products that i use (particularly on my you-tube channel). My all-time favourite eyebrow product and one that i use every day, is Benefit's Brow Zings Kit. I've been using it for a year or so now and it's still going strong. It's an amazing product for adding both definition and colour to the brows, which makes such a difference to your everyday look. 


Occasionally i will get my eyebrows threaded, but mostly i just pluck them myself at home with my trusty Tweezerman's. Not everyone needs to fill in their brows, and although mine are quite dark in colour (being brunette), they are sparse. So i like to use a brow product to fill in those sparse areas. Plus, defining your brows really does transform how you look and definitely pulls together your makeup- especially if you have dark hair like myself. If you've never touched your brows before, you'll be amazed at the difference some definition and shaping can make.

The Brow Zings Kit consists of two products; a pigmented wax for shaping the brows, and a powder for setting them. Both products work perfectly together to give you even, and well-groomed looking brows. The kit also contains three tools; a mini pair of tweezers, a hard angled brush and a blending brush. The only tool that i use from the kit is the blending brush, which i use to apply the wax. The others are not particularly great. The kit doesn't contain a spooly brush, but i still like to use one and would suggest purchasing one if you haven't already. 


The kit is super simple to use and incredibly quick. I begin by combing through my brows with a spooly brush, and then using the blending brush, i apply the wax. Next, i take my MAC angled brush and apply the brow powder. To finish off i comb them through again, to remove any excess powder. It really is so simple to do, and it lasts all day- even in humid climates (which i have tested!). I own the shade 'Dark' which i would recommend for those with dark to very dark brown hair. It's also available in a 'Light' and 'Medium' option for lighter hair colours. 

As you can see, the products work wonders on my brows! Without any filling-in, my brows were undefined and sparse in areas (mostly towards the front section). With the Brow Kit however i have defined, even, and clean brows. It adds so much more definition, and really works at 'framing' my face and eyes. This is particularly essential when wearing eyeshadow! It looks a lot more natural than using a brow pencil too. I really can't recommend this product enough- i couldn't live without it, and my face just wouldn't feel complete if i didn't use it! At £22.50, it's not the cheapest option out there, but it does last a super long time- i've had mine for over a year and i still have plenty of product left. So in actual fact, it's really good value! The products are great quality and make groomed brows incredibly easy to achieve at home. 

What are your favourite brow products?
Love, Claudia x

4 comments:

  1. I really want to try this out, heard nothing but good reviews on it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really similar to the Sleek Brow Kit, I'd love to give this a try

    http://dusterknuckles.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear by this everyday now. I wasn't always a fan, as I thought personally using both powder and gel made my brows too dark, but now if I just use the powder lightly it gives great coverage. Great post chick x
    Heroine In Heels

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredibly easy to achieve good brows at home... lets hope so! I just bought this product and am so nervous about using it! I have never filled by brows in before.... fingers crossed I don't mess it up. Great review. Thanks :)

    Love Lana xx

    lovelanaxx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete